ALOXE-CORTON « Les Caillettes »
- Acreage 0.6449 hectares
- Grape variety Pinot noir
- Age of vines 60 years
- Soil Clay limestone
- Density 10,000 vines per hectare
- Harvest Hand-picked
- Production 3,900 bottles
- Laying down From 2 to 12 years depending on the vintage
- Destemming 100% – 20% whole bunches in good vintages
- Maturation 12 months in barrels, then 4 months in stainless steel vats (10–20% new barrels)
- Fermentation 18 days in open, temperature-controlled, stainless steel vats; very little punching down and some pumping over
This Aloxe-Corton has a silky robe, rather dark and tending towards reddish-garnet. On the nose, and when young, spring aromas mingle with those of small red fruit (raspberry, strawberry, cherry) and black fruit (blackcurrant, blackberry). With age, it will develop more powerful aromas: peony and jasmine, prune and pistachio, leather and truffle, jam and brandy. On the palate, its generosity and elegance make it quite simply charming and very pleasant.
Perfect with red meats, grilled or in sauce, and will pair perfectly with roast poultry. It goes very well with cheese, and cheese lovers will opt for soft or washed-rind cheeses, such as Livarot or Ami du Chambertin.
Serve at 15 to 16°C