Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune
- Acreage 3.35 hectares
- Grape variety Pinot noir
- Age of vines 15 years
- Soil Clay limestone, stony, and slightly ochre
- Density 10,000 vines per hectare
- Harvest Hand-picked
- Production 30,000 bottles
- Laying down From 1 to 5 years depending on the vintage
- Destemming 100%
- Maturation 6–8 months, 30% in barrels and 60% in stainless steel vats
- Fermentation 15 days in open, temperature-controlled, stainless steel vats; very little punching down and some pumping over
The purple robe is nuanced by a light purple tone. On the nose, the aromas of sour cherry, raspberry and strawberry prevail and are drawn out by a delicate scent of violets. On the palate, it is spontaneous, a gourmet wine, and its tannins are resolutely round and silky. Quite simply, a pleasurable wine.
This wine brings out the gourmet in everyone! It pairs beautifully with a traditional Beef Bourguignon and will go very well with roast or grilled meat. Choose a dish with balanced flavours, not too spicy. A Comté or a fresh cheese will also go down a treat.
Serve at 14 to 16°C