Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune
- Acreage 3 hectares
- Grape variety Chardonnay
- Age of vines 30 years
- Soil Clay limestone, stony, and slightly ochre
- Density 10,000 vines per hectare
- Harvest Machine harvesting
- Production 10,000 bottles
- Laying down From 2 to 5 years depending on the vintage
- Fermentation In stainless steel vats for 3 weeks
- Elevage 10 months in stainless steel vats
Its robe displays a straw colour with some pale gold reflections. On the nose, its aromatic complexity reveals aromas of slightly honeyed white flowers. It is well balanced on the palate: the freshness of Chardonnay is balanced by a slightly mellow note.
A perfect pairing with traditional snails, but it sits just as effortlessly with vegetables from the wok, or a fish in sauce. With cheese, it goes well with Gruyère or Comté, and proves to be a cheeky accompaniment to fresh goat’s cheese!
Serve at 10 to 13°C