POMMARD « Les Vaumuriens hauts »
- Acreage 0.6973 hectares
- Grape variety Pinot noir
- Age of vines 40 years on average
- Soil Bedrock
- Density 10,000 vines per hectare
- Harvest Hand-picked
- Production 4,500 bottles
- Laying down From 2 to 15 years depending on the vintage
- Destemming 100%
- Maturation 12 months in barrels, then 4 months in stainless steel vats (10–20% new barrels)
- Fermentation 18 days in open, temperature-controlled, stainless steel vats; very little punching down and some pumping over
Its dense and velvety robe leans towards a red–black colour. The nose expresses aromas of blackberry, blueberry, redcurrant, and cherry pit. It can develop a wild feline character with age.
On the palate, this Pommard combines power and minerality, which gives it an aromatic complexity worthy of the greats.
In perfect harmony with feathered or furred game, braised or roasted. It also accompanies red meats, for example beef steak or duck breast. It goes well with the most powerful cheeses, such as Epoisses.
Serve at 14 to 16°C