- Origin Small purchases of grapes from an estate selected for its reasoned approach to viticulture.
- Grape variety Chardonnay
- Soil Clay limestone
- Density 10,000 vines per hectare
- Harvest Hand-picked
- Production 1,200 bottles
- Laying down From 1 to 10 years depending on the vintage
- Fermentation In barrels – length of time varies according to vintage
- Maturation 12 months in barrels, then 4 months in stainless steel vats (10–20% new barrels)
The robe is stitched with gold – brilliant and adorned with greenish reflections. The colour deepens with age. The bouquet speaks of hawthorn, ripe grapes, marzipan, hazelnut, amber, lemongrass, green apple. Lactic aromas (butter, hot croissant) and minerals (flint) are common, as well as honey.
Pairs equally with poultry in sauce and pan-fried veal with mushrooms, and can sit happily with foie gras, lobster and spiny lobster, as well as grilled and pan-fried sea fish. It enjoys the company of goat’s cheese and Reblochon, as well as bloomy rind soft cheeses such as Brie de Meaux.
Serve at 11 to 13°C