- Origin Small purchases of grapes from an estate selected for its reasoned approach to viticulture.
- Grape variety Chardonnay
- Soil Clay limestone
- Density 10,000 vines per hectare
- Harvest Hand-picked
- Production 4,000 bottles
- Laying down From 1 to 8 years depending on the vintage
- Fermentation In stainless steel vats for about 3 weeks
- Maturation 12 months in stainless steel vats
Its robe, typical of this terroir, is tinged with pale gold and some green reflections. The nose is very floral (lime blossom and white flowers) with a hint of minerality cutting through the aromas. On the palate, it is perfectly balanced. Rather mineral in its youth, it will become round and mellow over time.
This Saint-Romain pairs well with delicate fish, pan-fried or steamed. It will go well with omelettes and poached eggs, pan-seared or marinated vegetables. Its minerality and slight acidity makes it a heavenly pairing for soft cheese with a creamy texture such as Camembert.
Serve at 12 to 14°C